Asus has been doing a lot of work on its new flagships in the weeks after their release – there’s yet another update for the new Zenfone 8 and Zenfone 8 Flip. A few other phones got some attention as well, with a fairly substantial update for the ROG Phone 5.
The new flagships got another bump in camera quality, this time paired with a call quality improvement. The smaller Zenfone 8 also gained VoLTE support for three European carriers. The 8 is now up to firmware version 126.96.36.199, the 8 Flip went up to 188.8.131.52.
Asus Zenfone 8 and 8 Flip
- Optimized Phone call quality
- Improved camera quality
- Improved system stability
- Enabled VoLTE on Telekom, Germany (Zenfone 8 only)
- Enabled VoLTE on Tele2, Russia (Zenfone 8 only)
- Enabled VoLTE & VoWiFi on O2, Czech Republic (Zenfone 8 only)
The Asus ROG Phone 5 received fixes for a whole host of bugs as well as the April security patch with firmware version 18.0840.2104.47.
Asus ROG Phone 5
- Updated Android security patch to 2021-04
- Fixed issue where 5G connection would unintentionally be regulated by system mode
- Fixed the icon cropping problem in App Drawer landscape mode
- Fixed the occasional popping problem of advertisements in the game
- Correct the narrative error in the protection clause of the privacy homepage
- Fixed the problem of too small Chinese text in photo album editing
- Fixed an issue with abnormal temperature display in Armoury Crate
- Fix issue where account sync would not automatically re-enable after changing system modes
- Fixed occasional failure to sleep or wake up the machine by pressing the power button
- Fixed issue with echo during calls
- Fixed issue so the accessory case for Zenfone does not appear in search settings
- Fixed an issue where the refresh rate for Chrome was locked when opening YouTube in a window
- Fixed an issue where notifications were displayed abnormally when calling with WeChat
The older ROG Phone 3 also received the April patch, several bugfixes, as well as VoLTE/VoWIFI support for Russia’s MTS with the 17.0823.2104.147 update.
Asus ROG Phone 3
- Enabled VoLTE/VoWIFI on MTS (Russia).
- Updated to April 2021 Android security patch
- Fixed occasional Launcher keep crash
- Fixed the issue where the screen cannot be output through HDMI to ASUS MG279Q monitor
- Updated APN list
Going back even further, the Zenfone 6 got a new security patch (it is unclear which version) as well as a couple of other corrections with version 18.0610.2104.145.
Asus Zenfone 6
- Updated Android security patch
- Updated APN version
- Fixed the problem that status bar cannot slide out when playing videos or games in full screen