In his latest newsletter, Mark Gurman of Bloomberg details his expectations of Apple’s computer roadmap in 2022. According to his report, Apple will release machines with last year’s M1 Pro and Max, a new, more powerful M1 Max version, and a new M2 processor.
Breaking down the devices, Gurman expects:
- Mac mini with M1 Pro and M2 processor
- 13-inch MacBook Pro and redesigned MacBook Air with M2 processor
- 24-inch iMac with M2 processor
- Larger iMac Pro with M1 Pro and M1 Max processor
- Half-sized Mac Pro with two or four M1 Max processors
So this year, Apple will finally complete its transition to its own silicon. The iMac Pro and Mac Pro are the last devices to still run Intel hardware. The iMac Pro could launch around May or June with a 27-inch mini-LED display with 120Hz ProMotion. And don’t expect the lively colors of the 24-inch M1 iMac.
Apple could launch its first Mac of 2022 at its March 8 event. It could be the new MacBook Air or the 13-inch MacBook Pro, that would sit behind the new 14-inch and 16-inch Pro’s.